[PD] Gem lib

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Apr 14 16:04:30 CEST 2005

FredVoisin wrote:

> Thank you Iohannes,
>
> I found it, sorry. The binary is available for ppc of course. It's ok,
> thamk's.
> About compiling Gem on my powerpc G3 hoary:
>
> when in gem
> (# cd gem-090/src/Gnu)
> # ./makeauxlibs
> # ./configure
> creating cache ./config.cache
> HEAD: /usr/include /usr/local/include ../../../GemLibs/
> LIBS: ../../../GemLibs/ /usr/local/lib /usr/local/src
> checking host system type... powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu
> Configuring for Gem.pd_linux
> checking for gnu make... yes
> checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
> checking for MMX... cc1plus: error: invalid option `mmx'
> checking MMX not found...

here starts we (don't) start building the auxiliary libraries

> Building Auxilliary Libraries
> =============================
>

> Finished building Auxilliary Libraries
> ======================================

here building the auxiliary libraries has finished.... so it went fine

> checking for main in -lX11... yes
> checking for main in -lXext... yes
> checking for XF86VidModeGetAllModeLines in -lXxf86vm... no
> checking for sin in -lm... yes
> checking for main in -lz... yes
> checking for glInitNames in -lGL... no
> checking for glInitNames in -lMesaGL... no
> OpenGL is mandatory

this is an error...

>  >then #make
> make: *** Pas de cibles spécifiées et aucun makefile n'a été trouvé. Arrêt.
> #
>
> (no target specified and no makefile found. Stop.

...so make fails.

you have to install openGL (libs+headers) and

apt-get install xlibmesa-gl-dev xlibmesa-glu-dev

whenever it fails to configure, read the last line: it should tell you
which library is (still) missing on your system.

the bad news is, that you will have to proceed step by step (configure
will not  tell you all the libs that are missing, but will stop
immediately if it cannot find one)

mfg.a.sdr
IOhannes