[PD] RME hammerfall

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Fri Apr 15 00:28:54 CEST 2005

I think the main reason PD + ALSA + HDSP doesn't work by itself is that
the HDSP often needs an additional "plugin layer" to run with ALSA
anyway. I think this has to do with the 32 bit transfers or something,
but for example to run with Mplayer, I needed to use this plugin layer
to get proper sound out (w/ ALSA alone, now I also use Jack for
MPlayer). I just looked around for a sample config, but I can't find it.
Needless to say, I also use Jack as the interface between PD and ALSA.
But this won't work till you have ALSA configured properly.

d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl
---Oblique Strategy # 49: