[PD] RME hammerfall

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Apr 15 09:53:36 CEST 2005

Jamie Bullock wrote:
> Hi Ti,
>
> Yes, I run PD and RME Multiface with Jack also. PD/RME doesn't like
> ALSA, but seems to be fine using ALSA's OSS emulation. This might be
> worth a try if you didn't compile PD with --enable-jack.

at the iem we are using the RME/hammerfall/hdsp/multiface cards with
plain alsa (since jack turned out to be far too unreliable).

so obviously this does work.
however, you should use the latest and greatest release of pd (as for
now: 0.38-4)
 >=0.38: as this has a rewrite of the alsa-code
 >=0.38-4: as this has fixed a bug that crashed pd when not allocating
all available i/o-devices of your card.

apart from that the firmware-thing mentioned by others here is really
_absolutely_ necessary.
(and unfortunately it doesn't seem to come with debian)

mfg.adsr
IOhannes