[PD] RME hammerfall

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Apr 15 16:54:15 CEST 2005

Ti Bo wrote:

> Hi Iohannes,
>
>   thanks for your help so far. I still cannot get the 0.38-4 version
> starting with the -alsa flag. segmentation fault. I have:
>  - debian alsa packages
>  - tools and firmware from alsa-project.org compiled and installed
>  - latest PD source compiled
>
> so what _could_ I be missing?

are you sure you are starting the correct pd :-) ?

seriously, maybe the alsa-bug fix hasn't made it into pd-0.38-4 (don't
wanna check right now) (looking at the link below, it seems like it doesnt)
you can get the patch from the sf-patchtracker
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1154131&group_id=55736&atid=478072

apply it, recompile and enjoy.

else you could also try to play with the channels-flag "-channels 16" or
  "-channels 24" or "-channels 8" might do the trick (if it does, you
most probably want the patch i mentioned, as this fixes it)

mfg.asdr
IOhannes