[PD] sendOSC: handling big numbers

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Fri Apr 15 22:41:33 CEST 2005

Hi Sukandar

 > [send /addr 1000000]
 > [sendOSC 1024]
 >
 > what's transmitted here is not an integer but the string "1e+006"
 >
 > any workaround to transmit numbers bigger than a million ?

"1e+006" is a floating point number which represents "1000000" (i.e. 1
with 6 decimal places added). This is how PD normally handles numbers
with quite a few places before or after the decimal. If PD is listening
on the other side, it will know this. Probably Max too, but I cannot
verify. For other apps, you could try converting your number to a symbol
first and see if that helps.

derek

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl