[PD] [OT] after using ardour pd doesn't work properly

julien.breval at tremplin-utc.net julien.breval at tremplin-utc.net
Sun Apr 17 22:46:30 CEST 2005

hello

I have the following problem with jack:

- I first start jackd -R -d alsa -p 128
- pd -jack -rt works properly (also for -p 64 if I don't use the linux GUI too much)
- then I close pd and run ardour; everything is perfect for 7 minutes, then
there are always some xruns (for both recording and playback / editing use)
- if I close ardour and run pd again, there are some xruns too. The only way I
found for using pd again correctly (or ardour for 7 minutes:) is to _shutdown_
the PC and start everything again (if I only reboot or log off, jack can't be
restarted, because the alsa driver "is used by another application" ... that I
didn't find in the ps -aux list)

so did anyone experience this here ? I had a look at the web pages about ardour,
jack and xruns, but nothing mentions this 7-minute weird problem

my configuration: shuttle pentium4 2.4 GHz / linux rh9 from planetccrma /
minimal kde / 2.4 latest planetccrma lowlatency kernel / hdsp sound card /
lastest ardour and jack versions
it works very well besides this !

thank you very much for your help,
-j