[PD] setting plugin~ control inputs

ix at replic.net ix at replic.net
Sun Apr 17 23:23:26 CEST 2005

On Sun, Apr 17, 2005 at 11:01:04PM +0200, derek holzer wrote:
> I'm curious how to set the values of a LADSPA plugin uing the [plugin~]
> object. Seems like it's a bit of a pain in the ass to use. For example
> this one:
>
> Loaded from library "/usr/lib/ladspa/mvclpf24.so".
> Control input(s):
>  #1 "Input gain (dB)"
>  #2 "Frequency"
>  #3 "Exp FM gain"
>  #4 "Resonance"
>  #5 "Resonance gain"
>  #6 "Filter poles"
>  #7 "Output gain (dB)"
> Control output(s):
> Audio input(s):
>  #1 "Input"
>  #2 "Frequency"
>  #3 "Exp FM"
>  #4 "Resonance"
> Audio output(s):
>  #1 "Output"

you got further than me, just get "LADSPA plugin not found in any library" for anything here. the one time i did manage to get it to load something, i recall the above 'control inputs' msg is just sent to stderr, so theres no way to populate a menu in PD? not to mention theres no way to get a list of all plugins without globbing the .so files in a shell...and no way to host DSSI, and PD is totally broken/useless for DSP on 64bit anyways..

but i found a nice solution to this called om-synth, and can do all of the above tricks over OSC from a seperate machine... here the plugins are hosted in OM and controlled/sequenced by pd: http://whats-your.name/pd/gui/ngrid.PNG

check it out, well if youre to lazy to make plugin~ suck less..