[PD] sendOSC: handling big numbers

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Wed Apr 20 15:22:14 CEST 2005

heya! comments inline:

ggkarman at musicologia.com wrote:
> There are some other shortcomings in pd's implementation of OSC which
> could be added to the wishlist:
> -being able to use adresses with several depths in one OSCroute (i.e.
> synth/modulation/lfo) this could be very helpful, instead of needing
> several OSCroute objects (it can be painful if you have a big adress
> space).

yeah, I need this for pixelTANGO Franz Hildgren is working on it.

> -being able to use '*' (eg /node/*/position/ would mean get the position
> of all nodes id0,id1,id2...)
> greg

handy... hmmm... What do you think Franz?

Also we're hoping to impliment OSC parameter discovery into pixelTANGO,
hopefully built into memento with a pool that stores all commun names
even if they have arbitrary (/pt/1/pt.fader/alpha) names. Need OSC to do
what we want first...

What is the best way to deal with OSC queries in PD, a two-way socket
communication object would be handy... netclient??