[PD] gain~

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Thu Apr 21 19:45:16 CEST 2005

> if somebody has built this as an external, i will bump my head onto
> the  desk the whole day
> (i guess, tim has done something like this, with SSE)
i did something like that with sse instructions, since it performs much
better than the combination of pd objects.
it includes different optimizations for
- ramp (vector * vector)
- constant factor (vector * scalar)
- factor 1 (vector * 1 = vector)
- factor 0 (vector * 0 = 0)

instead of bumping your head onto your desk, i'd prefer you think of a
way, how to change pd that way that it optimized this patch structure to
exactly the above behaviour ;-)

cheers ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

latest mp3: kMW.mp3
http://mattin.org/mp3.html

latest cd: Goh Lee Kwang & Tim Blechmann: Drone
http://www.geocities.com/gohleekwangtimblechmannduo/

would say "I want to see the manager."
				      William S. Burroughs