[PD] RME vs M-audio cards

Ti Bo tim at timesup.org
Fri Apr 22 12:03:12 CEST 2005

I am not getting crashes, but I am getting nasty digital
glitching. Running a 2.4 kernel (the 2.6 kernels
do not want to deal with the SATA drive for some
reason) and ATI drivers for Gem. But it seems to be
keeping itself within boundaries - adding some switch~es
and reducing the number of samples in the environment
is helping: some compromise will be reached at some point...

   thanks for help and comments!

tm

On Apr 22, 2005, at 11:13 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> Ti Bo wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>>   I am still battling with the RME - it runs and seems happy for a
>> while,
>> but it is getting gnarly after a while with PD... I tried the -rt
>> flag, no joy (and no sound!). could it be conflicting with Gem
>> at any point? Only a simple Gem thing and a simple sample recording
>> and playback...shouldn't be too much
>
> if you want to "pd -rt -lib Gem" with nvidia's drivers and a 2.6-kernel
> (not sure about 2.4; even less about 2.2) make sure to have a
> kernel>=2.6.10 if you don't want to experience hard crashes.
>
> mfg.das.r
> IOhannes

-----    Tim Boykett  TIME'S UP::Research Department
  \   /   Industriezeile 33b A-4020 Linz Austria
   X    +43-732-787804(ph)   +43-732-7878043(fx)
  /   \  tim at timesup.org    http://www.timesup.org
-----
http://www.timesup.org/fieldresearch/setups/index.html