[PD] an image processing book and /private/tmp

Nicholas Ward nicholas.ward at cs.tcd.ie
Fri Apr 22 16:20:17 CEST 2005

Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone out there could recommend a good
book/resource on image processing stuff. I just got pidip running and
havent a clue what a bit mask is. I have a rough idea about pixel group
processing and want to learn more on all this great stuff with a view
to understanding whats goin on in GEM PIDIP a bit better. One other
thing I noticed that the pdp_rec~ demo patch writes its file to
private/tmp (os x). So i spent yesterday creating away writing to that
folder and then found all the mov files gone when I rebooted at home!
Should i take it their gone forever and the contents of /private/tmp
are deleted on reboot?
thanks all
nicky