[PD] an image processing book and /private/tmp

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Fri Apr 22 17:14:28 CEST 2005

On Apr 22, 2005, at 10:20 AM, Nicholas Ward wrote:

> Hi,
> I was just wondering if anyone out there could recommend a good
> book/resource on image processing stuff. I just got pidip running and
> havent a clue what a bit mask is. I have a rough idea about pixel
> group processing and want to learn more on all this great stuff with a
> view to understanding whats goin on in GEM PIDIP a bit better. One
> other thing I noticed that the pdp_rec~ demo patch writes its file to
> private/tmp (os x). So i spent yesterday creating away writing to that
> folder and then found all the mov files gone when I rebooted at home!
> Should i take it their gone forever and the contents of /private/tmp
> are deleted on reboot?
> thanks all

...the following two pages are great places to start:

http://www.efg2.com/Lab/Library/ImageProcessing/Algorithms.htm
http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/rbf/HIPR2/wksheets.htm

...and yes, private/tmp is a temporary directory that gets flushed on
restart:  you should be able to send a message to pdp_rec~ to tell it
to save to another directory...

l8r,
james