[PD] OSX - confused - Burt or Hans

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Apr 23 16:22:24 CEST 2005

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Also, this is the work of many people, not just me.  Both Miller Puckette and
> Gerard Roma contributed to the Pd.app build system, to start with.  Miller
> wrote the new prefs system, I think the new console is based on the work of
> Matju Bouchard.  And then there is all the rest of the stuff included in
> Pd...

No, the console in 0.38 is the work of Miller Puckette. Mine is quite
distinguishable from Miller's because it has three additional features:

1. it's completely optional and disabled by default (you have to use
-console in rc args)

2. -console takes an arg for the preferred scrollback length, so you can
set it to 100 or 10000 if you want, easily.

3. when the scrollbar isn't at the end, posting a new message does not
kick the scrollbar back to the end.

and also, implementation-wise,

4. it uses the printhook feature of devel_0_37, whereas Miller's console
is hardcoded.

5. it predates Miller's console by several months (i posted the first diff
back in jan 2004, and then improved it a bit for the ImpureData branch
that i started in the following month)

6. it doesn't share a single line of code with Miller's.

  `-o-----------------------------o-' |  | Mathieu Bouchard (Montréal QC) |
    |                             |---'  |      http://artengine.ca/matju |