[PD] escape character in messages

Marius Schebella marius.schebella at chello.at
Sun Apr 24 01:04:13 CEST 2005

Hi,
I think this was discussed before (2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005)
The handling of some characters in messages is really a pain. for some
externals I need to create messages, which should output $0, $1 and so on.
of course there are work arounds. but easier would be to have an escape
character like $ or whatever.
today I needed to produce the character combination \, (backslash followed
by a comma). which I needed for dynamical creation of a special object in
dyn~. well... shame on me I could not produce it. I don´t want to say I
found a solution after all, because, then you might think this problem is
not urgent.
It would be really a big advantage to have an escape character!
($# or $@ or $* is alsoa neverending story...).
thank you.
marius.