[PD] newbie question about "dropped"

Marius Schebella marius.schebella at chello.at
Mon Apr 25 10:47:38 CEST 2005

> apart from that, i am an oldie user and i never really needed to type
> backslashes (but i admit that it might be weird when you first come to
> it)
>

> mfg.a.dsr
> IOhannes

hi IOhannes, others,
maybe you did not need, because you knew, it was not possible...
I posted just the same thing on sunday night (never post something on
weekend, if you want that it be read by the "special task forces" (...)
you need that kind of characters for dynamic created patches and in
connection of pd with other programs.
<snip>
The handling of some characters in messages is really a pain. for some
externals I need to create messages, which should output $0, $1 and so on.
of course there are work arounds. but easier would be to have an escape
character like $ or whatever.
today I needed to produce the character combination \, (backslash followed
by a comma). which I needed for dynamical creation of a special object in
dyn~.
<snip>
thanks for help.
marius.