[PD] Installation with GEM

Malte Steiner steiner at block4.com
Mon Apr 25 13:23:13 CEST 2005

Hello

> Two cameras would send their frames to two image stacks which contain
> say 30 frames (the more the better).
> The actual frame is subtracted from the last one and the resulting frame
> of this simple kind of movement-dedection would serve as a parameter to
> compose from the two stacks the actual video output reading each single
> pixel in a random manner from the two stacks mixing both by using an
> appropriate function.

should be possible with stock GEM modules, I did an simular installation
with pix buffering and subtraction etc, but a single usb cam.
My only concern is connectig 2 cameras, I believe that this gives
trouble with any modules but I would like to be proven wrong.

Cheers,

Malte

--
Malte Steiner
media art + development

New release:
Notstandskomitee track for compilation 12" 'world of disorder' on
http://www.disorder-records.de
more at blog 4, also available as rss feed:
http://java.block4.com/blog4/