[PD] newbie question about "dropped"

Marius Schebella marius.schebella at chello.at
Mon Apr 25 16:16:51 CEST 2005

I think allowing all characters and having an escape mechanism are two
different problems? and dropping the backslash is another problem.
And messages and objectboxes are yet another problem?
since it is not possible until now to have a backslash in message boxes -
which I still don´t know why, there should´nt be much backwards
compatibility problems if all backslashes in the future are escape
characters.
allowing all characters is mainly a transportability problem between
various character sets, but since it is already possible to use special
characters in iem-guis, or when editing patches with a text-editor, that
should´nt be a big problem either.
I think, I have seen backslashes in objectboxes. In that case there will be
a backswards compatibility if the same escape mechanism is used in object
boxes. So what I am talking about is only, that it would be nice to be able
to output every string out of a message box.
marius.

#