[PD] 2 Gem questions

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Mon Apr 25 18:50:02 CEST 2005

In regards to part 2, have you tried either using the -rt flag for PD
(may require sudo or root, depending on your config) or using JACK? The
first solution (realtime) often fixes many click problems. Otherwise,
you might also make sure your video card is properly set up. Type
"glxinfo" and look for the line:

direct rendering: Yes

to see if OpenGL is properly set up for your graphics card. If it isn't
then all your 3D is being rendered by the CPU, which takes a lot more
cycles then if it is rendered on the card.

With this in mind, it might actually be easier on your system to render
your OpenGL graphics at the same time as doing your sound, assuming your
sound and video is properly configured, as video playback (espc
decoding) requires much more CPU than OpenGL.

d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl
---Oblique Strategy # 7: