[PD] Gem crash: Why?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Apr 25 22:00:12 CEST 2005

Hallo,
james tittle hat gesagt: // james tittle wrote:

> ...can't wait for katamari 2, I bet :-)  I'm wasting time with a neat
> psp...oh yeah:  the question...

Grr, can't afford a PSP currently... ;)

> >could anybody maybe test attached patch? It leads to a segfault on my
> >machine and I'd like to find out, why or ow to work around this. [any]
> >from IEM is required.
>
> ...oddly enuff, it's not crashing for me on osx, at least when run in
> gdb (haven't tried a normal run)...looking at it, I'm not really sure
> what you want to do (outside of have randomly xy-placed colored
> squares)?  Are you trying to put 500 squares on screen per frame?  Or
> something else...?

It's just a test patch stripped to the bones, nothing really useful.
Basically I'm trying to understand how [seperator] works for creating
lots of objects of the same kind using just lists as input. I got this
idea from the example patches in CVS at externals/numsk/msd2D etc.

There Nicolas Montgermont is using a similar approach. However he is
actually not using a metro, but [gemhead] to drive the gemchain in [pd
ups].

Ciao

          _ __latest track: "scans" _ http://footils.org/cms/show/41