[PD] 2 Gem questions

Oded Ben-Tal oded at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue Apr 26 12:41:14 CEST 2005

> In regards to part 2, have you tried either using the -rt flag for PD
> (may require sudo or root, depending on your config) or using JACK? The
> first solution (realtime) often fixes many click problems. Otherwise,
> you might also make sure your video card is properly set up. Type
> "glxinfo" and look for the line:
>
> direct rendering: Yes
>
> to see if OpenGL is properly set up for your graphics card.

1) I checked and I have direct rendering: yes.
2) I tried -rt and it makes no difference. I also tried changing -audiobuf
and -blocksize (up and down) and I still get frequent audio pops.
3) I haven't tried using 2 pds in parallel one for sound one for graphics.
But the sound is only playback of an existing file (no processing) through
[sfplay] so my intuition is that it doesn't make much sense in terms of
computation load.
4) I don't work with Jack bacause I get x_run errors and added noise.

any other ideas?

thanks
Oded