[PD] newbie question about "dropped"

libero.mureddu3 at fastwebnet.it libero.mureddu3 at fastwebnet.it
Tue Apr 26 15:20:26 CEST 2005

I sent another post with a mistake because I didn´t remember how worked the
original patch, so I repeat here why I need the backslash.
I started pure data trying to port some patches that I did with MaxMSP. One
of these has an "expr" object with the following syntax:
expr 440 * pow(2\,0.583333)
or, in another point:
expr pow(2\,$f1)
where 2 is the mantissa and, separated by a backslash and a comma,
there is the exponent.
But, looking at the "pow" help file, I have realized that I can separate
the two elements just with a comma and a space, so...
Thanks for your help, even if it was completely a newbie question!!!
Best regards
Libero Mureddu