[PD] $0- question

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Apr 27 17:42:22 CEST 2005

Hallo,
IOhannes m zmoelnig hat gesagt: // IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> Lazzaro Nicolò Ciccolella wrote:
> >IOhannes m zmoelnig ha scritto:
> >
> >I need to change the last part of the variable name to obtain:
> oh, is see....
>

> >[s $0-cnv_in_01_02]
> >or
> >[s $0-cnv_in_01_03]
> >or
> >[s $0-cnv_in_01_04]
> >

> try something like
>
> [0\
> |
> [makefilename %%d-cnv_in_01_%d]
> |
> [t b s]
> |     |
> [$0]  [set $1(
> |     |
> +-----+
> |
> [makefilename]
> |
> [; $1 vis_size 98(

(Maybe we just love ASCII art patching a bit too much, where a Pd
patch attachment would be easier? ;-P )

Acutally this is overly complicated, as in this case:

  [0 \

  [makefilename $0-cnv_in_01_%d]

  [; $1 vis_size 98(

is enough.

(Uhm,  Ascii, too, but 'cause I'm ssh'ing without access to a Pd
instance.)

Still it's good to know about the %% "trick", which can be a real
problem solver e.g. if you need something like: "pd-$0-dataX" to
script a [pd $0-dataX] subpatch, when "X" might change as well.

Ciao

          _ __latest track: "scans" _ http://footils.org/cms/show/41