[PD] Granular Synth

Spencer Russell Spencer.Russell at oberlin.edu
Wed Apr 27 18:34:27 CEST 2005

Hey There, List,
I've been playing with [munger~] a bit, and after much
experimentation, I've gotten some usable sounds out of it, but
I'd like to try my hand at writing my own, to get a better feel
for what's going on. Basically, I'm just trying to continuously
write incoming audio to a buffer, and then read from the buffer
in various places, at various speeds, for various durations.
Basic granular synthesis, as I know it.

I'm pretty sure I need to use [delwrite~] to fill my buffer, but
I'm not sure exactly how to control the reading from the buffer.
I tried using a tabread~, but it seems that it can't read from
the buffer that the delay is writing to. Any thoughts? Am I going
about this all wrong?

-spencer