[PD] newbie question about "dropped"

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Apr 27 21:44:59 CEST 2005

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> Someone has got to have figured out how to use \  escaping in tcl scripts
> since Tcl has been around a long time, and is generally used on UNIX systems.
> Anyone know of some examples that do this?

Here's one way, out of several possible:

Use doublequotes around the string, and prepend a backslash to the
following characters: doublequote, backslash, dollar, openbracket,
closebracket, openbrace, closebrace, and that's all.

If not using enclosing doublequotes, you also need to prepend a backslash
to: space, newline, semicolon.

I hope I'm not missing any, but it would be difficult to do so, because
Tcl's syntax is so simple it's almost like LISP (a lame LISP, but
still...)

  `-o-----------------------------o-' | | Mathieu Bouchard (Montréal QC) |