[PD] gridflow for pd OS X

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Apr 28 15:05:30 CEST 2005

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> On Apr 27, 2005, at 6:52 PM, james tittle wrote:
>> On Apr 27, 2005, at 6:02 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> What's wrong with the ruby that's included with Mac OS X?
> At the very least, if a pre-compiled version of gridflow was included in the
> Pd.app, all the user would have to do is install Ruby.

The problem with the Ruby in OSX 10.2 is that it's just an application,
that is, it's missing both libruby.a and libruby.dylib, and so
gridflow.pd_darwin cannot embed the Ruby interpreter within PureData.

In OSX 10.3 and 10.4, the situation may be different, but I don't recall
what it is. Anyhow, I think I recall that one has to install XCode to get
Ruby, right? Does Pd.app already require XCode? I only have OSX 10.2 so
someone else will have to look into it.

  `-o--------------o--------------o-' | | Mathieu Bouchard (Montréal QC) |