[PD] only one bang

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Apr 29 11:21:59 CEST 2005

geadsch wrote:
>>hi
>>
>>i am having a special problem. i get two bang within a very short time and
>
> i want to "collect" them and send only one bang forward.
>
>>any ideas how i could do that?
>

> Hi!
>
> I would bang into a [toggle] and afterwards [select 0].
> If I get you right..

this will only work is you are absolutely sure, that you will get 2
bangs instead of one.
furthermore, i would not use a graphical object like [tgl], but rather
build a toggle myself (a "% 2" counter )

apart from that, what is wrong with using [del] ?
drawback: [del] will only output a however short period _after_ the last
(in your case: 2nd) bang. if you are getting a series of 1000s of bangs,
the [del] will wait until the last one came in and afterwards send its bang.
however, in most cases this behaviour is sufficient.

mfg..adsr
IOhannes