[PD] freeframe video fx on pd?

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Fri Apr 29 15:35:13 CEST 2005

hey georg,

On Apr 29, 2005, at 5:55 AM, Georg Holzmann wrote:

> Hallo!
>
>> if have done a FreeFrame implementation just recently (1-2weeks ago),
>> so
>> it's done already
> That's great - you implemented all the effects ?

...kinda, but not exactly:  IOhannes made a nice loader, so anything
that adheres to the freeframe spec (and is compiled for your platform)
can be loaded and used as a [pix_*]...however, freeframe is rgba-only,
so any processing from other colorspaces will also have the "effect"
added to  them of one or two colorspace changes (and somehow people
just don't complement ya after the show for "all those cool colorspace
translations" :-) )

...in sum, it gives some quick and dirty effects (and also paves an
easy road for integrating other plugin api's, such as frei0r and
livido), but isn't quite as quick and flexible as if we ported the code
and added yuv processing...

jamie