[PD] dumpOSCSerial Linux

Ian Smith-Heisters heisters at 0x09.com
Sun May 1 01:22:22 CEST 2005

I've seen some mention of a dumpOSCSerial object for OSX on the the web,
but there's no mention of it in the list archives. Is there a version of
this external for linux?

I have a PIC with some sensors attached, and rather than defining my own
arbitrary protocol, I figured I'd use OSC. My plan is to set a perl
script listening to the serial port and rebroadcasting the messages via
the LAN, so that I don't need to run PD if I don't want to. However, if
I had any sort of serial version of CNMAT's oscDump, it would be very
handy in debugging. Using PD and dumpOSCSerial would thus be useful at
least during the firware development phase, after which I could create
the perl listener. Any thoughts or suggests?

Thanks,
Ian