[PD] RME-Hammerfall-kernel-2.6.11-hotplug-confusion

luigi rensinghoff luigi.rensinghoff at freenet.de
Sun May 1 07:06:03 CEST 2005

Hello List, Hello RME-victims ;-)

I spent quite some time with my good old RME-HDSP-Multiface Combo again.

I am running into trouble after a kernel recompilation on gentoo.

It looks like there is something tricky about the snd-hdsp module, the
new hotplug-module and some other things i did not figure out yet.

My last working system was

alsa 1.09rc2 because of bugs in the 1.08 version, as i got to know from
the alsa-user list.

Could anyone share his/her experince with that combi (on kernel
2.6.11 ??)

Which combination is working on your system, and i guess there are some
little traps in kernel-configuration and various configure-flags in the
alsa driver...

Advice is generously awarded with 200 karma-points ;-)

Cheers Luigi