[PD] Gem OSX Window Weirdness

timon botez timon at sosolimited.com
Sun May 1 12:26:39 CEST 2005

Hi, did report this earlier, but I seem to have found a workaround.
Wanted to share.
Im using Gem on a G5. When I work with a single screen I can create and
position a window pretty much where ever I like, at a size up to 2400
pix across - bleeding off the monitor. When I connect the second
monitor I am only able to create a window in the area within each of
the two. Im not able to span the window across the two monitors and it
does not support a window as large as above. I receive this error
message:

GemwinMac: width - 2048 height - 768
Mac: no info.context
error: Gem: Unable to create window
error: Gem: No window made

My work around this problem has been to create the Gem Window before I
connect the second display. Then Im able to see the window on the
second display. It seems odd. Am I doing something wrong here or is it
suppose to behave like this?

Thanks,
Timon.