[PD] netreceive: how to have parameterized port numbers?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed May 4 10:49:32 CEST 2005

Olaf Matthes wrote:
>> and what happens if you close a patch, while still being connected ?
>
> Okay, that's right. But when you close a patch you probably want to stop
> using it.

and i guess the same is true, if you want to change the port of
[netreceive].
probably there really should be a message [disconnect( to clean up the
connection;
changing the port must not work as long as there are open connections

> I never tried it whether it crashes, but chances are high it does, at
> least it calls for trouble if we just close the listening socket without
> closing the connections.

i just did a quick test and it didn't crash; but maybe the test was too
naive

mfg.asd.r
IOhannes