[PD] time delay between channels while reading recorded data

Piotr Majdak piotr at majdak.com
Wed May 4 15:51:27 CEST 2005

Hi Alexandra,

Alexandra Müller wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have a problem using pd 0.38  with asio.
> with Windows 2000 and using a RME Hammerfall DSP Interface.
>
> my problem: there is a time delay between  the channels while reading out
> the recorded data.  Could this be because  pd is using Asio via Portaudio?
> Does anyone know how to use pd with Asio without the Portaudio or any other
>  suggestions?

I use RME Digiface + RME ADI-8PRO (24 channels at all) with ASIO/Win
2000/pd 0.37-4 and I don't have any delays between channels, although I
use 48kHz instead of 44.1kHz - maybe that's a problem...

If the delay is a multiple of the block size you use, it's very likely
you have a problem with you pd patch. Try a very, very simple patch
(without any abstractions or externals) to find the amount of delay (in
samples) - this way you could separate hardware problems from pd problems.

If you want some further details about my configuration, please send me
an e-mail.

bye,

Piotr

Piotr Majdak