[PD] where is Grid? (OS X)

Burt brialey at juno.com
Thu May 5 00:31:07 CEST 2005

Anthony,

If you're looking for grid, I've got grid.

Hans' installer is awesome.  However, I prefer a slight variation of Pd for OS X.  I figure, since I'm using it others might want it, too.  So, you can find it here:

http://pcm.peabody.jhu.edu/~sburt/pd/installing_pd_os_x.html

A few people couldn't get my installer to run.  However, others have told me it works great.

You will find [grid] in mine.

There are a few other notable differences.  I took some files from Hans' app (notably the extras folder) and combined them with Miller's newest 0.38-3 app.  I also added many other libraries including ruby.pd_darwin, although I haven't gotten it to work right yet.  My installer uses the same version of Tk to draw the GUI which is several years old now.  If you like the updated Tk, you can take it from Hans' app and drop it in place of the Tk folder in mine.  The reason I use the older Tk is because I prefer the narrower signal cables because they are easier to line up straight on the screen.  The biggest difference is how the Help menu is organized.  There's been a lot of discussion about this recently and there might be a better organization method soon.  Until then, I prefer separating the help files by library.

Samuel Burt