[PD] Re: Make timer / clock (sara kolster)

Phillip Stearns mindphone_divided at yahoo.com
Fri May 6 19:29:31 CEST 2005

>Hi,

Hello

>I want to make a clock [stopwatch] which counts down
>from [for example] 30 minutes till zero, but I have a

>very hard time making it. For so far I made a counter
>with a metro of 1000 which counts the seconds and
>connected a select 60 to count the minutes. [counter
>1] I can combine the message via pack, which prints
>out [for example] time: 30 min 15 sec

Attached is the code I use for counters...
one counts up and the other counts down.

I tend to prefer using [expr] for counter operations.
It can keep the code easy to read.  I'm not sure what
the CPU trade offs are but it can't be that bad when
used in control rate processes.

Cheers,
Phil

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250