[PD] pd with mingw

ix at replic.net ix at replic.net
Sat May 7 13:21:45 CEST 2005

On Sat, May 07, 2005 at 12:21:15PM +0200, nico wrote:
> hi all
> does anybody have compiled pd with mingw?

yes

http://whats-your.name/pd/ix039.rar . you can recreate it yourself with pd/src from CVS (HEAD), and http://whats-your.name/pd/makefile.mingw http://whats-your.name/pd/ix039.patch

> as externals compiled with mingw make miller's pd version crash, is it
> possible to have both kind of link:
> pd with msvc
> pd with mingw

right, my solution was just to build all externals and PD in the same compiler (GCC) since there are minor differences in the binaries that can cause instability/crashes. cd externals/build/win and type 'make' with mingw. or you could try scons, by typing scons in externals/build (havent tested that on windows yet, you may need to add an absolute path to pd.dll to the LFLAGS)

> what are the reason to choose one or the other?

if youre using mingw a lot, you might want to try linux, since its teh same thing (GNU userspace utils), running on a better kernel, so everything will just be faster / better / less prone to compile errrors...