[pd] linux on a mac

periclite at free.fr periclite at free.fr
Sat May 7 18:35:40 CEST 2005

Quoting hard off <hard.off at gmail.com>:

> what linux distribution will work best for pd on mac?
>
> (mine is a G4 cube, running os9 at the moment)
>
> anyone got a link?
>
> also, it's a long shot, but there's no way i can partition my mac hard
> drive without doing a full wipe, is there?

yop,
I have a pismo with a mandrake 10.1 PPC
you could find the iso here :
http://ftp.belnet.be/linux/mandrake/devel/iso/10.1/ppc/
I wrote an article (french, soon english...) to install it and run the different
packages : http://joe.apo33.org/article.php3?id_article=24
Actually I could install from the softwares database : http://easyurpmi.zarb.org
ardour, PD-38.x, rezound, audacity, with alsa 1.0.9rc
and also good video software as cinelerra, lives and so on...

I test Debian few months ago, with a lot of problem to fix alsa... maybe now is
better... I gonna test fedoraPPC... let'see...

tschuss

juto