[PD] Custom menu

jmmmp jmmmpl at netcabo.pt
Mon May 9 09:47:57 CEST 2005

Hello listers,

I was thinking: since most of us have their own utilities (abstractions)
collection, wouldn't it make sense to include an "expandable" custom menu in
the gui to provide an easy acess to the files? after a certain number, it is
not possible anymore to remember everything.
I myself don't know how to work with tcl-tk, and maybe I'm too lazy now or
don't have the time to fool around and find it out (I'm sure it wouldn't be
difficult). But something like this would be handy:

- the "custom" menu would be there, but empty
- the documentation would include a couple of lines which would explain how
to fill up the menu and edit the pd.tk (?) file -> how to name the new
string, and which patch it opens.

a common base would also allow different users to exchange menus, just like
patches are now exchanged.

wouldn't that be great?

João Miguel Pais

Lugostr. 14