R: R: [PD] New external on neural networks

'Frank Barknecht' fbar at footils.org
Mon May 9 23:39:42 CEST 2005

Hallo,
Davide Morelli hat gesagt: // Davide Morelli wrote:

> That was my first idea, then I chose nn because "Less typing is a Good
> Thing".
> Now I think ann_mlp is a good idea because:
> ann_som is about self organized maps
> ann_mlp is about multilayer perceptrons
> (waiting for ann_rfb etc..)
> This way all names are unified and coders know that ann_ is where they
> should look for Neural Networks.

Okay, that makes sense. I admit it's quite some time I looked at
"ann". From a typing perspective however underscores are a pain at
least on german keyboards as you need to hold "Shift", so I would
prefer the dot as in "ann.som" or "vasp.something" but that's a minor
complain.

Ciao

          _ __latest track: "scans" _ http://footils.org/cms/show/41