[PD] Re: Thesis Presentation

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu May 12 11:05:32 CEST 2005

Juhana Sadeharju wrote:
>>From: Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org>
>>
>>Skipped content of type multipart/alternative
>>A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
>>Name: smime.p7s
>>Type: application/pkcs7-signature
>>Size: 2353 bytes
>>Desc: not available
>

> (And how to open the sime/p7s/bin files? Well, I don't want.)

as you could easily see in the "Type" field, the "sime/p7s/bin" is of
type "application/pkcs7-signature", which means that it is a signature.
you are most probably not interested in this type of file.

however, there are examples where the type is "application/octet-stream"
and the name of the attachment (according to the "Name:" field in the
attachment-description) is "something.pd".
the downloaded file would still default to "something.obj" (due the the
mime-type); you have to rename the file yourself to the proper name
(e.g. "something.pd" to make it run)

NOTE: this is a feature! as it is a simple mechanism to prevent people
from executing code by just clicking on a link (esp. dangerous on but
not necessarily restricted to DevilOS)

mfg.ad.sr
IOhannes

PS: so in your case, download the file, rename it to smime.p7s and see
what happens....