[PD] MSD incompatibility of new version

Nicolas Montgermont montgermont at la-kitchen.fr
Thu May 12 12:33:54 CEST 2005

Hi list,

I've here a new version (0.06) of msd externals... The problem is some
messages are no more compatible with the 0.05 version. The D2 parameter
that was used to simulate a kind of viscosity was a physical nonsense.
Oriented links has been implemented, since D2 can be viewed as an
oriented link, it has disappeared from the initial parameters.

The problem is that the usual link message now looks like : [link Id
N°Id/mass N°/Idmass K D (Lmin Lmax) (, so it's no more compatible with
the former message [link Id N°mass N°mass K D D2 (Lmin Lmax) (.

Has someone a big problem updating to this new syntax?
If not, it will be commited on the CVS... as soon as I've made some
examples and beautiful help files ;-)

Best greetings,

Nicolas