[PD] PD Workshop in Hong Kong

slimboyfatboyslim slimboyfatboyslim at slimboyfatboyslim.org
Thu May 12 13:37:24 CEST 2005

hi,

I'm very please to announce a call for submission to my project FLOSS IN
MEDIA ART. The first stage will be a one-month workshop introducing PD
and media art.

May be it doesn't mean anything for you guys since you are too far, but
in case, any PD users/ developers "accidentally" do come to Hong Kong or
someone interested in joining the workshop, please let me know.
Here's the call

+
 Call for Submission

 FLOSS AND MEDIA ART PART I
 Pure Data and Media Art

 15th Jun - 9th July 2005
 at Gulldy, 9/F, Fu Tak House, 356-357 Hennessy Rd, Wahchai, Hong Kong
 by - slimboyfatboyslim (a.k.a Annie On Ni Wan)
 (http://slimboyfatboyslim.org)

 8 sessions
 (15/6/2005 - 9/7/2005, Wed 1900-2200, Sat 1400-1700)
 $980

 2 sessions of  free introductory talk + party for public
 21/5/2005 (Sat) 1700 - 2000    @Gulldy
 4/6/2005 (Sat) 1700 - 2000    @Gulldy

 Workshops can be conducted either in Chinese or English.

+
 ABOUT

 Pure Data and Media Art (http://slimboyfatboyslim.org/floss_hk.html)

 Pure Data (http://pd.iem.at), similar to max/msp, is a visual,
 object-oriented data-flow programming language
 which can be used for a wide variety of multimedia purposes. It is an
international open source  project; anyone
 can download the software and the source code for free.
 It can be installed almost any existing platforms, e.g Windows, MacOSX,
Linux, Irix, etc.
 The workshop will give an introduction into the theory and practice of
pure    data as well as excursions into art,
 design and media theory. Our course  includes audio and visual
development, syntax, externals + data structure,  audio synthesizing +
analysis, motion detection + tangible media and development of
interactive installation

 The workshop is for beginner. At the end of the workshop, creations of
participants will be shown in a public jam
 session & presentation session.

+
 WORKSHOP PARTICIPATION

 The workshop is for media art theorists/ academics, artists,
practitioners, students, programmer and designers
 interested in audiovisual tools development, theory and practise in
opensource softwares and interactive  installation.
 Linux will be our workshop platform but NO PREKNOWLEDGE necessary.

 Anyone interested in participating are asked to apply either via
 online submission form
(http://www.slimboyfatboyslim.org/floss_hk_submission.php)
 or
 email (gulldy at gmail.com)

+
 FLOSS IN MEDIA ART PROJECT
 FLOSS IN MEDIA ART project URL
(http://slimboyfatboyslim.org/floss_hk.html)

 Past workshop:

 JULY, 2004: Introduction to Pure Data

 Upcoming workshops:

 JULY, 2005 : Introduction to An Artistic Operation System
 AUG , 2005 : Processing and Media Art

+

slimboyfatboyslim
http://www.slimboyfatboyslim.org