[PD] MSD incompatibility of new version

cyrille henry cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr
Thu May 12 21:13:47 CEST 2005

hello,

Frank Barknecht a écrit :
> Hallo,
> Nicolas Montgermont hat gesagt: // Nicolas Montgermont wrote:
>

>>The problem is that the usual link message now looks like : [link Id
>>N°Id/mass N°/Idmass K D (Lmin Lmax) (, so it's no more compatible with
>>the former message [link Id N°mass N°mass K D D2 (Lmin Lmax) (.
>

> Could you elaborate a bit on this new parameters, maybe with an
> example? I don't quite unterstand what "N°Id/mass N°/Idmass" means.
there is no new parameter, it's only that the D2 parameters is now removed.
D2 was introduce by an early pmpd version. later, interactor were
introduce to be able to do the same think on a more physical way, but D2
was still used for performances optimisation.

but now, there is no reason msd use this kind of parameter.
so if nobody has problem with this, Nicolas will remove the D2 parameter
  on the list send to the msd object to create a link.

N°ID/mass and N°/IDmass is just a typo mistake. it still mean the mass
identification number or name.

removing the D2 parameter will introduce an incompatibility with old
patch, but it's not very hard to update them. (you just nead to create a
viscosity link from every mass to a fixed point, D2 is just the
viscosity of this new link.)

the exemples will be updated...

Cyrille