[PD] Jack, alsa, clicks sounds, DIO errors (newbie on linux)

patrick patrick at 11h11.com
Fri May 13 15:26:38 CEST 2005

hi,

i'm using pd on linux. here's some infos about it:

xruns and glitches is part of pd (on linux, i don't know about other setup).
i'm using gentoo with kernel 2.6.12 running jackd in realtime mode (44100,
2, 128 audiobuf) this is with realtime-lsm (module to get realtime mode to
users). now for pd, i'm using pd-devel-0.38.4 from cvs with the
new -cb_scheduler option. it works very well, i mean no more glitches cause
by the GUI, but it's a little bit unstable (connecting pd -> other software
= timeout). also, some externals doesn't like devel (like fluid~). so if you
want to give it a try (you don't need to make install to try it):

:: PD-DEVEL 0.38.4 ::
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/pure-data co -r
devel_0_38 pd
cd pd
./bootstrap
./configure --enable-lockfree --enable-newhash --enable-jack --enable-simd -
-enable-optimize=pentium4 --enable-threadedsf --enable-atomic

:: PD-EXTERNALS CVS ::
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/pure-data co
externals
cd externals/build