[PD] glorified OSC spreadsheet

brendan bstine at telus.net
Sun May 15 03:16:54 CEST 2005

Hi list

For the past few months I've been working on an OSC message sequencer
using Java.  I just finished the first version, so I thought I'd share
it with you guys for some feedback.  The interface is far from complete
(only 8 messages at once) but it is fully operational.

In the future I'd like to eliminate the JTable and instead use a
graphical grid and a separate JPanel to adjust message parameters.
Essentially each OSC message will be a patch!  No more midi piano patch
notes!  The panel will automatically construct sliders and knobs so you
can fiddle with each message.

Another feature planned for the *far* future is to implement a piano
roll (a nice, horizontal piano) and give the user the option to include
a "noteValue" variable in the OSC message.  the noteValue will be
according to the x position of the message, so you can draw in notes
like any piano roll...  also a noteLength variable but that depends on
the graphical display...

This is my first full fledged app so it's probably pretty buggy.  It
needs more threading and the timer isn't very accurate but it floats my
boat.

long live OSC! heil PD!

-brendan