[PD] no licensing, no money?

Max Neupert abonnements at revolwear.com
Tue May 17 01:07:37 CEST 2005

Hi list,

I'm curious to hear your point of view to this: the university asked me
to review the list of software they want to order for the department.
They've got also Max/MSP and Jitter on the list. This is a nice thing
but my point is: the students already work with PD, why should they use
and learn software they might not be able to afford after they leave
the university? I guess you all agree that the money should rather be
spent in PD development. but since there is no license to aquire the
university can't ask companys to give bids on this deal. how can open
source projects handle this? any suggestions?

--

Max Neupert
Tutor im Fachgebiet Medienkunst

http://kunstundmedien.burg-halle.de