[PD] Graph on parent, block~, switch~ questions

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue May 17 17:56:30 CEST 2005

Hallo,
Tim Blechmann hat gesagt: // Tim Blechmann wrote:

> well, there is ...

Ah, interesting, I didn't know that. However I don't really see a big
use for this. Sqitching off GOP will leave an ugly big white hole in
your patch. Hiding GOPs in subpatches, which you can open as needed
using "vis $1" messages or the mouse, results in the same performance
"gain".

For some RRADical patches I provice two versions of biger GOP patches,
one with the full GUI and another normally named "*-ng" with no gui
visible, unless you open the abstraction. Inside there just is an
instrance of the GOP abstraction with connected in/outlets. This
actually is quite useful, as often I just need the screen space,
whereas I need the GUI much less often.

Ciao

          _ __latest track: "scans" _ http://footils.org/cms/show/41