[PD] MSD incompatibility of new version

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue May 17 19:31:46 CEST 2005

Hallo,
Nicolas Montgermont hat gesagt: // Nicolas Montgermont wrote:
> OK, commited. The D2 parameter has disappeared. It is now replace in the
> message by a power parameter that describe the power applied to the
> distance difference :

I also updated the msd-editor now. I took this occasion to move it to
a different directory altogether: /externals/nusmuk/editor, because it
officially can be used to edit msd2D and msd3D networks (in 2D), so I
thought, hiding it inside msd2D is not appropriate.

Further changes: The data structure definition was extended to provide
fields for

* symbolic IDs. Specified as a float they will get converted to "#-l"
  and "#-m" for Links and masses respectively.

* added editors for P, Lmin, Lmax, dropped D2 for Links.

Furthermore I did a big cosmetic overhaul, so the whole editor looks a
lot nicer now, and made some changes to the algorithm that converts
data structures to msd* objects.

Regarding the directed links, I'm considering to handle them with new
data structures and their own editors, as the "liaison" structure is
quite loaded already. I wonder how they should look graphically...

As usual all this is only available in CVS, anonymous checkouts will
be up to date sometime tomorrow.

Ciao

          _ __latest track: "scans" _ http://footils.org/cms/show/41