[PD] Graph on parent, block~, switch~ questions

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Tue May 17 22:00:45 CEST 2005

> using \"vis $1\" messages or the mouse
Can you explain?
[my_abstraction]
|;my_abstraction vis 0(  <-- turns off abstraction gui?

I\'m gonna try Tim\'s suguestion when I get home. Thanks Tim and Frank!
Tim: I am curious what you mean by boom! :D

<suguestions>
I wonder if it wouldn\'t be a good idea (like labeling inlets with a
mouseover which I still haven\'t had the time to figure out) to allow
patches to open and close like a window? Closed subpatches or
abstractions would just look like the rradical *-ng and thusly not
have the overhead of drawing the gui, or you could open the external
by either a message or a right click.

While we are at it why not add a switch~ off/on (when outside an
abstraction) and even a blocksize dialog (along with the gop
toggle when inside an abstraction) to the right click options just
for kicks?
</suguestions>

Would all that require a major rewrite?

Thanks for the help and the patience, one and all!
-thewade