[PD] PD/GEM OS X 10.4 Tiger compatiblity

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Wed May 18 22:47:09 CEST 2005

On May 18, 2005, at 3:43 PM, Max Neupert wrote:

> did anybody has made the test?
> does PD/GEM run on OS X 10.4 “Tiger”?

Hi max,

...I'm feverishly working on this atm...my xcode project hasn't
really survived the upgrading to xcode 2.0 (it's the same one I've
been using since, oh, 10.1!!!)...plus, I've decided it's better for
everyone if osx compiles with the same configure/makefile system that
the other platforms use:  but don't fear, this'll all still work from
within an xcode project...

...it'll also be interesting to see how gem's cpp code holds up in
gcc4.0, especially with autovectorization (tho I haven't heard of any
"miracles" stemming from this feature yet)...

...otoh, I'm having no problems running a gcc4.0 compiled pd-0.38-4
with the last compiled GEM I had on my machine before going from
10.3.9 to 10.4...

more l8r,
jamie