[PD] Synth Techniques and Tutorials

Julian Peterson julianpeterson at mac.com
Thu May 19 00:30:01 CEST 2005

>I think it would be good if, along with developing new features and
>externals, some community members would devote more time to explaining
>more general information on possible ways to use PD, approaches to
>building patches, and descriptions of live performance patches.  A great
>example of what I am talking about is the "Building Drums in PD"
>tutorial by Frank Barknecht available here:
>http://footils.org/tut/pddrums/pddrums.html .  There is a really strong
>need for this type of tutorial!

I completely agree!  Is there currently a website that collects pd tutorials and example patches?  If not, I would love to spearhead this movement.  I don't want to do work that's already been done, but I would be happy to manage a website dedicated to tutorials, from basic how-to's to more advanced techniques.  If for no other reason than to provide a good starting point for new users.  I've got a few tutorials that I would be happy to share, and would gladly accept "donations" of other tutorials and articles.  Let me know if such a thing already exists, since I certainly don't want to step on any toes, but otherwise I'll get to work realizing this.

Julian Peterson